Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Patience...

Many years ago when I was a student at BYU we had a concert that was coming to the Marriott Center and I and some of my buddies wanted tickets way bad. So we camped out at the Marriott Center in the stands sleeping in the seats waiting for these to go on sale. I remember thinking back then how much I hated doing that, how impatient I really was and wasn't even sure by the time I got my tickets that it was worth it. My roomates and I had alot of male company at our apartment in Heritage Halls and I had a roomate who didn't go out alot. Well one day as we were all primping for our nights activities, (mind you we only had one bathroom) she yells that she needs the bathroom. Another roomate yells out "Patience is a virtue" and she yells back "So is chastiy". I have never forgotten that statement, probably because I was on the less than virtuous side. Who knows, but over the years I have learned that patience is a virture. In my own life I have never had alot of patience. As I get older it is getting easier for me to "wait" for things. Recently my sister has had to exhibit alot of patience waiting for her much needed surgery. Now that it is done, she will have to wait to heal. I have watched her and been amazed at her attitude. Mind you she has been frustrated as we all have but the other day as I sat in her room at the hospital, she being sound asleep and not even knowing that I was there, I was amazed at how much she had gone thru, what an example she is to me of patience with trials and obstacles that come into a persons life and I don't know that I could have been as strong. Her trials started some 2 plus years ago and not just one but one after another and for me this last one would have been the one that broke the camels back. Instead she has weathered each and every storm with dignity, she is my example. One thing that I have observed as she has been hospitalized a couple of times before the actual surgery was the amount of love that her co-workers have for her. I have personally never met so many nice people who thought my sis was the best. Now in the younger years growing up I might have disagreed, but actually she deserves every accolade. Sis you are the best! You are such an example to me in many ways and I love you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Thank you Bobbie. You have always been there and more

Love You

Bec