Tuesday, August 5, 2008

OshKosh and Ford Mustangs







Steve took his dad and Tyson back to OshKosh Wisconsin to see the biggest airshow. His dad has always wanted to see it and so Steve decided to take him back there (sorta like a bucket list item for those who have seen that show). They saw alot of planes, airshows, movies on a blow up big screen and even had a night with Harrison Ford at the campground. Apparently his cousin is the CEO of Ford Motors and hence the mustangs were there as well. Tyson was in 7th heaven as he loves mustang cars. He actually loves the older models but his dad was able to snap some pictures of some mustangs that he thought were pretty SWEET. Now for those of you who have read my earlier blog postings you will know that I don't like to be alone. Even though this trip was planned months ago, no one realized that Steve and Tyson would be gone, Rachel would be at EFY and Ryan would be in Lake Powell with his friend Garrett and his family. So that leaves me and the dog alone to fend for ourselves. Of course the third night alone I have a bad dream about Steve and another woman. For those of you who have/had those dreams you know how real they can be. I wake up bawling the next morning and immediately call steve. I need to make sure he loves me of course. Well there is no answer and so I leave a message amongst the tears. After I have been at work for awhile I realize that he has not called back so of course I start texting him. Where are you, did you get my message, please call me to name just a few. That is Tuesday. Well Wednesday comes and still no Steve. Finally Wednesday night I get a call from him. Of course he left the phone in the truck! After reasurring me that he does love me, it was just a dream and he will call every single night I am feeling better. He lives up to his word and calls me on Thursday and again on Friday. He is supposed to come home Sunday morning sometime after he drops Tyson off to scout camp. By the way, I won't be seeing Tyson for 3 weeks, which I was not looking forward to. Well in walks Steve and Tyson, Friday around 5 pm. I couldn't get the grin off my face for several hours. The hugs and tears I think let them know how much I missed them. The best part was I got to spend time with Tyson before he had to go back to scout camp and work. After finally getting a hold of Steve and he realizing what a boob I was they decided to come home early. It was Tysons idea not to tell me they were coming home so they pretended to be in Wisconsin while they would call me as they traveled home. I still don't know if I have convinced Steve that this was the best surprise I could ever have. I know it is sappy but honestly if you know me you know how much family means to me and how I HATE to be alone!


2 comments:

The Ostlers said...

I had no idea they were coming home early! Ah what a sweet husband and sons you have :) It looks like they had tons of fun and we can't wait to see all of the pictures. We miss you and can't wait until we get to come down and hang out!

Josh and Annie

Carrie said...

you are like me, i don't like to be alone although after i have been alone with the kids for a while it is very nice to be alone. but how sweet to cut the vacation short given they knew how sad you were. what great guys you have!