Sunday, August 17, 2008

Neighbors....

So I have been wondering about a particuler neighbor who keeps his yard groomed all summer. He has a makeshift stream that runs in the front, always plants beautiful flowers in the spring and every week is out mowing, edging and blowing the loose grass around. I have been jealous a few times because Steve is not known to love to do yardwork so it would end up being me or the kids. That would explain why I am filling my yard with perennials and rocks. What I am sure to do is make my lawn always green, I really don't care the cost of watering I just know in July and August I have to water twice a day if I want my yard to stay green. Not that I am trying to stay up with the neighbors but I have always loved a green lawn that looks like it might want to be sat upon. Well these immaculate looking yard owners even surprised me! I have started walking a little bit to try and get in better shape and as I would walk past their house I noticed the lawn was dying in the mow strip and along the edge of the sidewalk. Not all of it just spots here and there. Now having already suffered from dead lawn because of a bug, which happened when we first moved in and even killing off my old lawn because it had grown tall fescue grass which I hated, I pride myself in knowing that they just needed to turn the water on more. The sorry condition of the lawn was because of owner neglect and not because of something out of their control. So imagine my surprise when I walked on Monday night having to pass the dying lawn only to return on Tuesday and it was nice and green. The DEAD giveaway was the fact that the color they spray painted it with didn't exactly match the color of the lawn. What was even sadder was they didn't spray all of it at once only the mow strip so it was another day before the other spots on the lawn were sprayed the same non matching color. So it makes one wonder, did they really think they were fooling anybody by spraying the lawn, couldn't they notice that the lawn that was by the stream was in perfect condition because it was getting water and the lawn by the flowers because they were getting water so how about just increasing the water to the rest of the lawn thereby saving you the expense of buying cans of spray paint to use on the lawn? OR were they aware that I had started walking to feel better, or that I had just started a blog and would need material to talk about or are they just CRAZY??

1 comment:

Carrie said...

oh my goodness.....that is so funny. i have heard of people doing that last year on the news to save money on watering. but i never knew people would really do it. i wondered what it would look like. i guess now i know!